• Home
  • RSS
  • Contact
POWERED BY

 Deepika PadukoneAs Deepika Padukone enters the lobby of the Emirates NBD corporate head office in Deira, someone says, “She looks like a porcelain doll, so perfect and so delicate”. We can’t help but agree. She is a flawless beauty, which is why a little red scar on her right elbow stands out. Deepika flashes her famous dimples when we ask what happened. “I was skating and I fell.” So much for being delicate! Here’s what else Masala.com found out about the stunning actress who is in Dubai today for the worldwide premiere of ‘Karthik Calling Karthik’.



What attracted you to the role in ‘KCK’?
I loved the script. The moment I read it, I wanted to be a part of it. It’s a romantic thriller, which, as a genre, is so unusual. The concept was something completely different, and not just for a Hindi movie.


You said recently that you’d been nervous about cutting your hair short for ‘KCK’. What’s the scariest thing you’ve done to prepare for a role?

Well, not so much scary as challenging. My role in ‘Chandni Chowk to China’, where I had to learn and perform stunts, was very physically demanding, very tiring.
Recently, while shooting for a film, I had pigeon feed all over me. The scene required all these pigeons to be all over me, and this was the only way to do it. And during another shoot, I’ve had to hold a chicken.

We see you in so many ads. Is there any product that you’d never endorse, no matter how much money you were offered?
Never say never!


Do you think it’s become a trend for co-stars to be linked when a movie is released? Like it’s happened with you and Farhan this time. How do you feel about this?
It’s not been a trend in my case. I’ve worked with Shah Rukh, Akshay and Saif, and it didn’t happen. I have no clue why it happened with Farhan. If people think that we have good chemistry, it’s to do with our performance as actors. I think it should be left at that. The media needs to be responsible. Particularly because Farhan is a married man with kids.

What’s the best and worst thing about being single?
No comments on that.

Who do you think is the hottest single man?
(Thinks for a while) Rahul Gandhi. He is single, isn’t he?

And who do you think is the hottest married man?
(Replies instantly) Arjun Rampal

What do you love most about Dubai?
The malls! I’ve got to hit the malls when I come here. No favourites but I enjoy all the ones I visit. And I love the food here. I’ll always get a shawarma and hommous and pita bread.

If some other actress had to play you in a movie, who do you think would be the best choice?
Nobody. I’m selfish! I wouldn’t want anyone to live my life.


In ‘Karthik Calling Karthik’, you describe Farhan’s character as being safe. In real life, what’s your type – safe guy or bad boy?
It’s best not to have a type. Because if you do, then most often you end up with someone who is not your type.
Bookmark this post:
StumpleUpon Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Blinklist Yahoo Furl Technorati Simpy Spurl Reddit Google

0 comments

Post a Comment

Paste Not Allowed