• Home
  • RSS
  • Contact
POWERED BY

Priyanka ChopraPriyanka Chopra has signed on enough projects to last her until next year.

Says the actress, “I'm listening to several scripts right now. At the moment the last film I've signed is Don 2. I'll be shooting that for 3 ½ months from October.”

Priyanka would be doing a lot of exotic stunts in Don 2. “I can't say what kind of stunts. But they are pretty cool. …I was looking for that one action flick.

I like to try different things in each of my films. After Kaminey I took on a light romantic film Anjaana Anjaani. Now I'm doing a serious black comedy Saat Khoon Maaf…I always have been adventurous.”

She isn't allowed to speak about her role in Saat Khoon Maaf much, except to say she would not be assuming seven different looks in the film.


“I'm playing only one character going through seven different experiences. Changing my look for every phase would be gimmicky. I'm working with a team and actors who are brilliant. I'm still trying to figure out the complexities of my character.”

Priyanka doesn't see herself as a conventional actress. “I never have walked the conventional path. I've never thought of consequences. Vishal Sir is a director who trusts me implicity and I know I've to live up to that trust.”

In Vishal's earlier film Kaminey Priyanka had a relatively small role. “But I don't think of my role as big or small. If I've five powerful scenes I'd do it. In Kaminey I had just eight scenes.”

She has done the contrasting films Anjaana Anjaani and Saat Khoon Maaf simultaneously. But she doesn't treat them as different genres.

“Who's to say which is more commercial? Any film can be a success and if it succeeds it becomes a commercial film.Both Saat Khoon Maaf and Anjaana Anjaani are according to me commercial films.”

Says Priyanka, “I'm very content with the space I am in. I started working when I was 18. So I've been able to work with a spectrum of co-stars from Sunny Deol to Shah Rukh Khan to Hrithik Roshan and now Ranbir.”

Career-wise Priyanka is a lot more senior than Ranbir. But she doesn't feel it. “He is a film kid. And he knows a lot more about films than I do. He's a brilliant actor and fab co-star. Ranbir is amazing in Anjaana Anjaani. He kept me on my toes on camera.”

About her recent support for hockey Priyanka says, “I wanted to promote the national sport. That's why I went. I didn't have to go because India wasn't playing very well. But it was just to show support for the sport.”

Priyanka has plans of singing professionally. “But not right away. I don't want to do anything until I am fully ready.”
Bookmark this post:
StumpleUpon Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Blinklist Yahoo Furl Technorati Simpy Spurl Reddit Google

0 comments

Post a Comment

Paste Not Allowed