• Home
  • RSS
  • Contact
POWERED BY

Sandra Bullock The race for golden statuettes starts now – and those in the running are expressing shock and gratitude for their recognition by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association.

"I am beyond stunned," said Sandra Bullock in a statement for her two Golden Globe nods: Best Actress in a Drama for The Blind Side and Best Actress in a Comedy or Musical for The Proposal. "Just to be included in the company of these amazing women I have so admired through the years has left me slack-jawed with awe."

Others like Marion Cotillard, Best Actress in a Comedy or Musical nominee for Nine, were awakened in the wee hours with the good news. "I got a phone call that woke me up and heard 'Congratulations,' and I knew what it was about," Cotillard told PEOPLE. "I'm just so happy! How couldn’t I be?"
Here's more on what Bullock and Cotillard had to say, along with Morgan Freeman, Robert Downey Jr. and other Golden Globe hopefuls on their own nods:

• "My heartfelt thanks to the Hollywood Foreign Press for this wonderful nomination. I share this honor with Jude Law and all of my cast-mates, my great director Guy Ritchie and the rest of the team whose collaboration and camaraderie helped make this new incarnation of Sherlock Holmes possible." – Robert Downey Jr., Best Actor in a Comedy or Musical for Sherlock Holmes

• "I am so honored and thrilled to be among the Golden Globe nominees this year. I am happy for everybody – particularly my friend Colin Firth!" – Julianne Moore, Best Actress in a Supporting Role for A Single Man
http://www.mymodernmagic.com/images/Other/MySpace%20Scrolling%20Marquee/Sandra%20Bullock.jpg
• "It is TRULY an honor just to be nominated by the Hollywood Foreign Press, and I will cherish this moment with all the artists I have worked with behind the scenes who truly make me look good! Thank you very much." – Sandra Bullock, Best Actress in a Comedy or Musical for The Proposal and Best Actress in a Drama for The Blind Side

• "A hearty thank you to the members of the HFPA. I am delighted and very grateful to be included. Congratulations to all fellow nominees and eternal thanks to Rob Marshall." – Daniel Day-Lewis, Best Actor in a Comedy or Musical for Nine

Sandra Bullock won the American Riviera award.


Sandra Bullock has got the prestigious American Riviera Award at the Santa Barbara International film festival which was hosted in California. The gorgeous looking middle aged actress had a recent success at the box office as her latest release “The Blind Side” received critical acclaims from all over the world.

The actress will be presented with the award on February 5th, 2010 and this will be the 25th edition of the film festival.

The American Rivera award is awarded to international fame stars who have a strong influence on the American cinema. The nominees can be either actors or actresses and this is for the first time that Julia Roberts was awarded with this award.

Diane Lane was the last woman who won this prestigious award in the year 2004.


Bookmark this post:
StumpleUpon Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Blinklist Yahoo Furl Technorati Simpy Spurl Reddit Google

0 comments

Post a Comment

Paste Not Allowed