• Home
  • RSS
  • Contact
POWERED BY

Shraddha DasSays Tollywood hottie Shraddha Das who has just wrapped up her Bollywood debut film...

Your first Bollywood venture is finally ready. Are you excited?
I could never have asked for a better launchpad than Lahore. Actually I had signed this film much before I started my career down south. It took 22 months for us to complete this film. It’s a movie made on a modest budget and the most exciting part is that a big foreign production house is distributing the flick.








You are romantically paired opposite a newcomer in the film...
Well, I’m a newcomer too! I accepted this film because it’s a performance-oriented role. Most of Bollywood’s younger crop of actresses today look the same, have a similar wardrobe and even do the same kind of movies. Now tell me, how many actually get to do performance-oriented roles in their first film? I think I’m very lucky because in my first Hindi movie I’m not dancing around trees (laughs). Thankfully today looking glam is not the only things necessary to being part of B-town. Look at the kind of films that Vidya Balan and Konkona Sen Sharma do.

You worked with the late Nirmal Pandey...
Yes, I did. His death came as a rude shock to all of us. He was one of the sweetest and coolest people I have worked with in my life.

Do you think a Bollywood film will change things for you in the southern film industry?
Absolutely. I think I’ll be in a position to choose better films. I’m fed up of doing all those glamorous roles. There are movies where if you edit my part, it won’t make any difference to the flick. But I had no choice. Now, I have decided not to do any meaningless roles ever.

And do you also expect more zeroes on your paycheque?
Yes, of course. My last Telugu flick Arya 2 did well and after Lahore, things will change.



Aren’t you afraid of being labelled pricey?
The Telugu film industry has given me a lot, for which I am grateful. But I don’t want to do dumb doll roles anymore. I have been taken for a ride quite a bit in the past. After this, I just see good times ahead.

Any Bollywood actors/directors you really want to work with?
Do I really have that choice? I don’t have any godfather in the industry to make my wishes come true. But some very good films are being made and there’s more scope for everyone.
Shraddha Das
Bookmark this post:
StumpleUpon Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Blinklist Yahoo Furl Technorati Simpy Spurl Reddit Google

0 comments

Post a Comment

Paste Not Allowed