• Home
  • RSS
  • Contact
POWERED BY

SunainaEvery time one of her films hits the screen, her star value seems to gradually increase. Her career moves may be slow and steady, but actress Sunaina makes sure that she always delivers her best.

And that’s quite evident in the hard work she puts into each of her projects. Back-to-back shooting schedules have taken a toll on the actress and she is visibly tired. “Yes, I have been shooting endlessly for the past few months. It’s really strenuous and I am dying to take a break,” she begins.

With her third flick Yaadumagi gearing up for release, Sunaina is eagerly hoping for a hat-trick after the success of Kadhalil Vizhunthaen and Maasilamani.

“In the film, I play a village belle named Annam who lives in a dream world. How Annam falls in love with a city-based guy, played by debutant Sachin, forms the crux of the story. It is a heart-warming tale of two people who are radically different. In my first two films, it was the hero who chased me, but in Yaadumagi, I am the one doing all the running! It was a unique experience,” she giggles.

So, has she chased someone in real life? “Not really! There was one guy whom I really liked during my wonderful school days, but that was just an infatuation,” she smiles.
The actress seems to have gone for an image makeover in Yaadumagi. “This is the first time that the audience will see me in a pavadai-dhavani. It was good fun shooting in the interiors of Tamil Nadu, wearing a pavadai-dhavani and speaking local Tamil. In fact, I have fallen in love with the sari and half-sari after working in the film. I find them graceful and guess what, I can now wear traditional village attire on my own.


Yaadumagi is a film that’s close to Sunaina’s heart. “The character that I play in the film is exactly how I am in real life. I am shy and get tongue-tied when it comes to expressing my feelings. I feel uncomfortable when people stare at me and I dream a lot,” she states and adds, “Yaadumagi is a woman-centric film and hence, I dedicate it to all the women who have played an important role in my life. Women will love it.”

The actress is now busy romancing Arulnidhi (Chief Minister M Karunanidhi’s grandson) for a yet-to-be titled film, in Pudukottai. “I cannot reveal much now. I play a village girl again and there is a lot of scope for experimentation. Also, I’ve tried my hand at comedy,” she laughs.

http://celebworld.files.wordpress.com/2006/08/sunaina4.jpg
With shoot for Kathirvel and Tiruthani also underway, the actress seems to have her platter full. “I’ve also got an offer for a Kannada project opposite Golden Star Ganesh,” she winds up with a grin.
Bookmark this post:
StumpleUpon Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Blinklist Yahoo Furl Technorati Simpy Spurl Reddit Google

0 comments

Post a Comment

Paste Not Allowed