• Home
  • RSS
  • Contact
POWERED BY

Anthea Turner

Anthea has admitted that the stress of her financial woes have taken such a toll that she often cannot face waking up in the morning.

The former GMTV host told Hello! magazine she had struggled to deal with the 'flak' she has faced in recent years and had lost the spring in her step.

Anthea, who turns 50 on Tuesday, had to sell her £10million estate Barbins Grange last year - and, earlier this year, businessman husband Grant Bovey was declared bankrupt after the collapse of his property company Imagine Homes.

Flak: Anthea Turner cannot face waking up in the morning because  of the stress of her financial woes

Flak: Anthea Turner cannot face waking up in the morning because of the stress of her financial woes

She told Hello! magazine: 'There have been times - months, in fact - when I haven't felt a spring in my step.

'Life hasn't been fun and I've felt 'oh God, I don't want to wake up tomorrow, because it is going to bring a whole load more flak.'

Out now: The latest issue of Hello! magazine featuring Anthea  Turner

Out now: The latest issue of Hello! magazine featuring Anthea Turner

Turner, who also presented Perfect Housewife, posed in a swimsuit to mark her 50th milestone in Hello!, also admitted she was not averse to surgery to hold back the sands of time.

She said: 'The only thing I've had done so far is a boob job, but I must admit I spend a lot of time in front of the mirror pulling the skin back on my face and thinking "ooh, that would look a lot better"

'My eyes are quite wrinkly and I will definitely consider surgery. I don't see any reason not to.'

She revealed that she exercises three times a week to keep herself in trim, but said she needed to do more to maintain her shape.

Turner told Hello!: 'I don't eat as much as I used to and I work out more - all to stay the same size, so I definitely feel a difference.

'I'm 8st 13lb - half a stone heavier than I was 10 years ago. And if I did nothing I wouldn't look like this.'

Anthea echoes husband Grant Bovey's sentiments.

His property businesses went bust last year, and he explained what happened to the Daily Mail in July 2009.

All five of his companies went under, leaving debts of £50million. 'It went like that,' he says, clicking his fingers and making a little 'pfff' sound.

Tough times: Turner and her husband Grant Bovey

Tough times: Turner and her husband Grant Bovey

'It wasn't so much that the market collapsed, it just disappeared. It was Armageddon, that dramatic. One day you are worth £130million - as I was - then it is gone.

'We didn't see it coming. When it hit, it was like trying to turn round an oil tanker. I've never been through anything quite like it.

She and Bovey famously left their marriages to be together and spent several years trying unsuccessful IVF treatments, as she suffers from endometriosis which affects fertility.

Bookmark this post:
StumpleUpon Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Blinklist Yahoo Furl Technorati Simpy Spurl Reddit Google

0 comments

Post a Comment

Paste Not Allowed